Elementary school students receive music each week for 40 minutes emphasizing the core concepts of music including beat, rhythm and melody. Students in grade 4 also receive instruction in chorus once a week and may choose to play a band instrument.
Click on the teacher below to visit their site.
• Memorial Elementary School: Mr. Rice's Website
• Lilja Elementary School: Mr. Roper
• Bennett-Hemenway Elementary School: Mrs. Weaver's Website
• Brown Elementary School: Mr. Jodice's Website
• Johnson Elementary School: Mr. Jodice's Website
• 4th Grade Band: Mr. Rice's Website
Our band program begins in 4th grade with instruction on a particular instrument by private music instructors and band taught by one of the elementary music teachers. Small group instruction generally starting around the 2nd week of September occurs recess one day a week and consist of 15 lessons a semester. Band generally starts the second week of October meeting mornings once a week before the start of school. Through small group instruction on an instrument students begin to gain some proficiency to play in a larger group. In band students learn how to play as an ensemble. Seeing and hearing what students accomplish at the all-4th grade concert (typically in June at the high school) is quite a treat and showcases a real accomplishment!
Four steps to be involved in Fourth grade band:
1. Register for Fall lessons – they occur durning lunch or recess once a week for 15 lessons a semester.
2. Aquire an instrument – we recommend our district vendor – Leonards music.
3. Attend band held once a week in the morning before school starts.
4. Continue lesson for 2nd semester register and pay on time for 15 more lessons.
4th Grade Band starts around the 2nd week of October
• Brown → Monday; 7:45 - 8:25 in the Music Room
• Lilja → Tuesday; 7:45 - 8:25 in the Music Room
• Memorial → Wednesday; 8:00 - 8:40 in the Cafeteria
• Johnson → Thursday; 7:50 - 8:20 in the Music Room
• Ben-Hem → Friday; 7:35 - 8:15 in the Music Room
1. Register for fall lessons – they occur during lunch or recess once a week for 15 lessons a semester. (Click here
for first semester forms)
2. Acquire an instrument – we recommend our district vendor – Leonard’s music.
3. Attend band. Band is held once a week in the morning before school starts.
4. Continue lesson for 2nd semester register and pay on time for 15 more lessons. (Click here
for 2nd semester forms)
Instrument Rental and Info
Contact Leonard’s Music (our district vendor) to rent or rent to own or purchase an instrument.
Call: 781-271-1189 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may choose to get an instrument elsewhere, but be cautious, please choose a reputable instrument that is in good condition. If you already own an instrument but need the lesson book - contact Leonard's and request Standard of Excellence for the Natick program and make arrangements to get book at pick up night or another time.
There are some instruments not allowed on the bus. The Instruments NOT allowed on the bus are: drums, tuba, french horn, celo, and other instruments of this size/category
MUSIC STANDS ARE ALSO NOT ALLOWED ON THE BUS
Click here to apply for financial aid.
The deadline is June 30th.